2017 CQ WW CW M/2 Team
Craig, K9CT;Ryan, KB9OWD; Bill, K3WA; Jim, N9TK; CJ, WT2P; and Steve, N9CK
2017 brought many changes to the contest station:
- Arrival of FlexRadio 6600 that will simplify the SO2R setup and set the stage for multi-client M/2 operation
- New FlexRadio PGXL amplifiers replacing the Alpha 87As and SPE 2K amplifiers.
- Green Heron Everywhere link improving signals to the field.
- New dining table!
- Additional Bidirectional Beverages for low bands
- Switched out the original Dell computers for faster Dell computers
- New rotators for the tower trailer and EME array
- New internet provider saving $ and improving service
I have two station locations. One at home and another for contesting. These sites are about 4 miles apart. The contest station has been built in consultation with many top contesters. The layout was selected to minimize interstation interference issues. The station utilizes many of the top devices and software currently available.
We coordinated and hosted W1AW/9 IL for the ARRL Centennial in June, 2014. This operation covered the ARRL Field Day weekend. We made over 61,000 contacts by 59 operators throughout the state. Of that total, 11,846 were on Field Day, almost 500 qsos per hour. We used three station locations for Field Day.
Please take some time to look through the website and see what has been done. Some of the information has not been put on the website just yet, but will evolve as I get time to update. If you have questions, just drop me an email.
73 and hope to see you soon!
craig at k9ct.us